In addition to investing in platform businesses through WSB & Company, our partners seek to co-invest alongside other sponsor groups through direct investments in acquisitions of strong, middle market businesses. We co-invest in identified deals with established private equity funds, “fund-less sponsors” seeking equity for a specific opportunity, search funds seeking additional equity, other family investment offices, and operators seeking to acquire and run a business. Our partners welcome investment opportunities alongside other smart, growth-oriented, partnership-focused investors.
WSB currently has nine co-investments in its portfolio.
- Investment Size: $1 million to $4 million per transaction
- Company Size: Revenue above $5 million; EBITDA above $1.5 million
- Terms: Participate alongside anchor investor
- Industry: Open to most industries to the extent that group leading the transaction has industry expertise and can add value post-closing; not focused on biotech, pharma, or tech dependent companies
- Geography: North America
- Majority / Minority: Minority; typically alongside majority
- Alignment: Incentive alignment between WSB, the sponsor, and the target business is essential
- Search funds seeking additional equity
- Established private equity funds
- Fundless sponsors with an identified opportunity
- Other family offices
- Experienced operators acquiring a business